My genealogy interests
I’m most interested in research on the following surnames:
- HANSON/HANSEN, Dutchess, Columbia, and Rensselaer counties, NY (late 19th – mid 20th c.)
- HOLMES, Essex, England to Plymouth, MA to Montville, CT to Madison county, NY (late 15th – late 19th c.)
- COOK, Chenango County, NY (late 18th – early 19th c.)
- JENSEN, Dutchess, Columbia, and Rensselaer counties, NY (late 19th – mid 20th c.)
Some specific questions:
- Is there better documentation for Nathan HOLMES and Grace CHAPEL of Montville, CT, and their children? Who were their daughters born before 1800? Was Hannah SMITH of Hamilton, NY their daughter? For the status of my researches into this family see Nathan Holmes ancestors and descendants.
- Can the identification of William HOLME of Ramsden Bellhouse, Essex, England as father of John HOLMES, tailor, be supported by better evidence? Where did William come from and who were his parents?
- Who was the wife of John COOK? John was b. ca. 1770 in Rhode Island, d. aft. 1850 prob. in Norwich, Chenango County, New York. His wife was b. ca. 1784 in Rhode Island, d. aft. 1855 prob. in Norwich. According to one census and a daughter’s death certificate her first name was Barbara, but another census identifies her (if it’s the same woman) as “Maybill”. What was her maiden name? (Recent research supports the first name Barbara and suggests a surname of KING.)
- When and on which ship(s) did Hans HANSEN and Johanna JENSEN arrive from Denmark? Did any of Johanna’s relatives also come to America?