I have several genealogical works in which I’d be happy to do lookups; just ask. I warn you that most of them do not give much if any documentation of sources. They may be right, they may be wrong — it’s impossible to evaluate their reliability, short of going and doing the research over, and any source whose reliability can’t be determined is unreliable! But useful nonetheless, as a guide for research:
- Cyrus Henry Brown, Brown Genealogy of Many of the Descendants of Thomas, John, and Eleazer Brown, Sons of Thomas and Mary (Newhall) Brown of Lynn, Mass., 1628-1907. (Boston: The Everett Press Company) 1907. Reprinted by Guardian Press, Button Falls Road, Edmeston, NY 1997.
- Thomas, John, and Eleazer Brown went to Stonington, CT. Surnames include BABCOCK, BROWN, BROWNE, BURDICK, CRARY, GRIFFIN, HOLMES, MAIN, MINER, NICHOLS, PALMER, RANDALL, WHEELER, YORK, and many others.
- George Knapp Collins, Descendants of John Collins, of Charlestown, R. I., and Susannah Daggett, His Wife. 1901.
- Surnames include COLLINS, CRUMB, HOLMES, LARKIN, SMITH, STANBRO, TEFT, YORK, and others.
- Richard Anson Wheeler, History of the Town of Stonington, County of New London, Connecticut, from its First Settlement in 1649 to 1900, with a Genealogical Register of Stonington Families. (Mystic, CT: Lawrence Verry) 1966. (Originally published in 1900.)
- I have photocopies of the following portions of the genealogical section: Lynn (MA) BROWN, HOLMES, HOXIE, MAIN, PENDLETON, RANDALL, YORK, and the index.
- Ervine Denison York, The York Book, Origin of Name & English Families; Their History, Heraldry & Genealogy; American Descendants; The History & First Location of Numerous Branches of the Family in America. Part A: Descendants of James and Joannah York of Braintree, Mass. and Stonington, Conn. “Duplicate of revise of 1908” actually contains some information as late as 1916. (West Edmeston, NY: Hillcrest Manor, Button Falls Road, ca. 1990).
- Surnames include BREED, BUCK, ELLIOT, KINNEY, MINER, PALMER, SMITH, SPAULDING, WHEELER, YORK, and others.